Like most people out there; I get bored with my home decorating look. But also like most people these days, I don’t want to overspend on redecorating my house every time I want to keep up with the trends. Here are some great tips on how you can update your home décor without breaking the bank!
* Get educated. In order to know how to give your home some modern appeal, you need to know what’s in style! Spend an afternoon browsing on Pinterest or Houzz, look through magazines, perusing design shops and checking out a few decorating shows on the tube. Make a note of the trends that appeal to you. Me? Love the rustic look of barn wood.
* Lighten up! Lighting is a great way to bring a room into a new design age. Modern lighting is embracing a more contemporary design, including great drum and barrel shades. Switching out for new shades is a fast way to create a new style.
* Change your color. Spend some time online checking out the popular designer’s “Tried and True” or “Classic” paint colors. I love white and neutrals but warm grays, mocha browns, lime greens, aqua and even smoky purples are huge.
* Fabrics and Linens. So, you’ve noticed your rooms just don’t have the oomph you see in the catalogues. Try updating your fabric accessories using modern, simple prints and fresh colors. Many modern print are a simple classic design, but with a stylized vision mixing white and one color.
* Declutter. We all love our things. The trick to a modern look is to keep the room totally uncluttered. New arrangements with furniture and accessories can be just what your room needs to go from boring to modern hot!
*Fix Anything that is Broken or Worn out. Got a cracked ceiling? A torn screen door? A good rule of thumb is, if it’s there and in disrepair, you need to fix it. Also, a fresh coat of paint on your siding, re-staining your deck or power-washing your patio will liven up the outside.
*All pictures sourced from Pinterest
Needing helping contact Mortgage Broker Lisa Gryba